Holiday Home Security Tips
Tis’ the season to be jolly. It’s also the season to watch out for burglars, thieves, and other scalawags. Sadly, you need to take extra precautions to protect your home during the holidays.
Because nothing will ruin your Christmas spirit faster than becoming a victim of crime.
The bad guys view the Christmas season differently than you. For them, it’s a time of opportunity to burglarize your home and rob you of cash, credit cards, and gifts. They want what you have and they don’t want to work for it.
Five Things You Can Do To Be Safe
Here are five strategies to help you enjoy the holiday season without incident:
1) Be sure to lock your doors and windows whenever you leave the house, even if you’re only gone for a short period of time.
2) Don’t openly display your Christmas tree and gifts in the front window. If it’s easily visible it might tempt someone to break the window and grab what’s inside – a “Smash and grab” crime. Thieves may also plan a later break-in when you’re not at home. (Our privacy window films can help you here.
3) Don’t advertise that you’re not home. Burglars look for signs you’re not there – lights on 24 hours a day, mail piling up or advertising flyers never being removed from the doorknobs.
4) Burglars prefer to get in through unlocked doors and windows. If you run an extension cord for the Christmas lights through a window be sure to secure it when you are not home.
5) If you’re away for the evening turn on the TV, crank up the sound and turn on some lights so it looks like you’re home.
Our Glazing Protection Security Window Film Can Protect Your Home
And finally, consider installing security window film on your glass doors and windows. Sliding glass doors are especially susceptible because they allow easy access and aren’t secure.
By preventing people from easily breaking the glass security films can, in combination with a few easy and inexpensive items, transform your sliding glass door into a formidable barrier.
And that’s a good thing.
Metro Tint Texas can help you with secure your home for the holidays so it’s a joyous season for you and your family. Call us at 800-297-3862