White Rock Lake
Exploring White Rock Lake & Park in Dallas, TX
With summer upon us, the time to enjoy the outdoors is now. We all know Dallas heat can be intense, but thankfully one of the city’s best ways to cool off is only a drive away. White Rock Lake is a reservoir that is perfect for cooling off on hot Dallas days. Not to mention there are many activities at the lake such as…
* 9 MILES OF HIKING AND BIKE TRAILS
* DOG PARK
* PAVILION RENTALS FOR EVENTS
* CULTURAL CENTER
* PICNIC PARK
* BIRD WATCHING
White Rock Lake spans over 1,000 acres in the Dallas metro area. It sits roughly 5 miles northeast of the busy, downtown area. For this reason, the lake and surrounding park are frequented daily/weekly. It is a great area to meet locals and make new friends while traveling.
The Best Activities to Enjoy in Dallas, TX
Aside from the lake, there are countless other museums, gardens, science exhibits, concerts, performances and waterparks to explore. The city is waiting for you to explore all it has to offer. Let’s take a look at the best spots to visit on your next trip.
* FRONTIERS OF FLIGHT MUSEUM: This educational aerospace museum was created in 1988. The aircrafts in the museum have been used for both military and civilian purposes. The museum has a great selection of different model aircrafts. The experience is educational for all members of the family, especially children who are learning about planes and how they work.
* DALLAS MUSEUM OF ART: Initiated in 1903, this museum is rich in history, culture and artifacts. The art is diverse, ranging from ancient to modern. Furthermore, there are a total of over 24,000 art pieces currently housed in the museum. Admission to enter is free, allowing over 3.2 million people to enjoy the museum since 2013. It is also one of the largest museums in the United States. With 5,000 years of history covered in one place, you can spend an entire day here and never run out of things to see.
* EPIC WATERS WATERPARK: This indoor waterpark is ideal for children as they have slides, games, rides, birthday parties, cabanas and dining. Whether you are planning a birthday party for your child or want to treat them to a day of fun, this is one of the best places to beat the heat in Dallas.
Learn more here
Learn about the Dallas Museum of Art here